POSITION TITLE: Operations Manager
REPORTS TO: Executive Director
HOURLY: Part-Time 24 hours; Flexible
LOCATION: Organization moving to East Bay
ABOUT THE ORGANIZATION
Tiba Foundation is a 501(c)(3) organization whose mission is to the build community healthcare in rural Kenya. Our work is centered in, but not limited to, the Ugenya District, and as such we reach approximately 210,000 people directly and indirectly on an annual basis. We work only through our sister and partner organizations on the ground in Kenya. All projects are conceived of and operated by local experts. Tiba Foundation plays a support role in three ways:
● Raise funds internationally and make strategic grants to key partners in Kenya.
● Engage in data review and reciprocal learning with our Kenyan partners. Perform due diligence so that donors may understand, precisely and transparently, the impact of their investment.
● Provide technical support when requested for programs in Kenya. Support orientation of medical volunteers serving in Kenya.
Tiba has a small, dedicated staff and board, about 20-30 medical volunteers annually, and more than 500 active donors and we are excited to grow. Tiba has zero overhead costs. Tiba’s Board of Directors supports all fundraising and program management costs. 100% of donor funds go to grants to our sister organizations on the ground in Kenya. Current key fundraising projects include an annual gala of 250-300 guests, the end of year appeal letters, and a few grant applications. More information is available at www.tibafoundation.org.
Reporting to the Executive Director, the Operations Manager will assist with administration, event planning & execution, data entry and reporting (Salesforce) and support on-boarding of medical volunteers. Working in conjunction with the Executive Director, the Operations Manager will also contribute to the development and implementation of organizational strategies and undertake projects/tasks as assigned. Below are estimates for projects. Some seasons of the year vary.
Data and Reporting:
• Enter information and run reports on Salesforce platform, assist in analyzing information and manage information in Tiba file server
• Maintain Board meeting calendar and prepare materials for quarterly meetings
• Minimal support for annual audit, providing receipts to the board treasurer
• Support the PIPS/Grants process with calendar, board votes, and tracking reports
Board of Directors:
• Liaison and support for Executive Director, Board Members, Board Committees’ activities, communications, phone calls, appointments, travel (if any), and administrative activities
• Maintain Board minutes and records, prepare materials in advance of Board meetings, arrange refreshments for meetings
General Office Support:
• Manage operations- ordering supplies, filing, copying, compiling documents, and mail
Events (Gala attendance expected between 250-300):
• Create and manage all project plans for Tiba Foundation events
• Manage guest invitation, registration list, and seating documents
• Manage communication with vendors, venue, and “day of” point person
• Manage production process for all event collateral
• Recruit and manage volunteers for event and occasional support
Donation Processing and Acknowledgment:
• Record all donations and send acknowledgement letters in a timely and accurate manner
• Reconcile donor database with finance records and manage pledges
• Manage online donation system
Appeals and Grant Review:
• Create and manage project plan for all appeals, including electronic appeals
• Review and edit grant funding application documents and assemble attachments for submission; research funding opportunities
25% VOLUNTEER PROGRAM
• Respond to initial inquiries; set up separate screening interviews
• Work with prospective volunteers to complete all paperwork and follow up as needed
10% COMMUNICATIONS AND MISCELLANEOUS
• Support fundraising communication and collateral projects including annual report, bi-annual newsletters, and quarterly email updates
• Update information on Tiba Foundation’s website, Facebook page, Twitter, blog, and other various social media forums
• Minimum of 2 years professional experience, non-profit preferred
ESSENTIAL REQUIREMENTS & QUALIFICATIONS
• Commitment to the mission and vision of Tiba Foundation
• Excellent project management and attention to details, highly organized, and able to successfully handle simultaneous priorities
• Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and Salesforce data entry and report building
• Knowledge of Google Drive, Gmail & Google Calendar, Docusign, Adobe Acrobat, as well as donation and Social Media web platforms
• Excellent writing, editing, telephone, and people skills
• A strong sense of personal integrity; ability to maintain confidentiality and handle highly sensitive information; demonstrated good judgment and decision-making skills
• Professional and able to seamlessly interact with high-level professionals
• The physical demands of this position are light with the expectation that the staff person can exert up to 20 lbs. of force occasionally, and/or up to 10 lbs. of force frequently, and/or a negligible amount of force constantly to move objects
• The position requires frequent computer use
• Availability to travel and maintenance of a valid passport is appreciated
• Tiba Foundation will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990
• This job description and its physical requirements will be reviewed periodically as duties and responsibilities change with business necessity and are subject to modification.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
Tiba Foundation is an equal opportunity employer. We strongly encourage and seek applications from women, people of color, and bilingual and bicultural individuals, as well as members of the lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender communities. Applicants shall not be discriminated against because of race, religion, sex, national origin, ethnicity, age, disability, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, color, marital status, or medical condition including AIDS-related conditions.
HOW TO APPLY
Applicants should submit a current resume, together with a cover letter that outlines their interest in, and relevant experience for, this position to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Operations Manager” in the subject line.